WordPress is the most influential and the most convenient software and content management tool in recent times. This awesome software tool is used to build and create beautiful websites, apps or blogs. It was released and introduced on May 27, 2003, by its founders, Matt Mullenweg and Mike Little. It is free and open source platform that works on PHP and MySQL. With its growing usage and powerful web presence, wordpress development has attracted more developers and customers who would love to have a website/blog/app using this wonderful technology.
The following are a few significant features of wordpress that shall enable a better understanding of this software:
- Superb Flexibility: This software tool can build any type of website whether it is personal blog, photo blog or others. One can impressively create WordPress website design with the varied themes and extend them with Plug-in.
- Easy to use: With the intuitive interface of WordPress website design, one can easily get online and publish quickly. Hence creation of posts and pages, formatting them easily and inserting media has never been so easy with other software tools. WordPress re-defines simplicity.
- Efficient User Management: Wordpress ensures power to its administrators to manage the site, editor to work with content, authors and contributors to write content, and subscribers having a profile that they can manage. This allows you have a variety of contributors to your website, and let others simply be part of your community.
- Media Management: With WordPress’s media management, one can easily ensure fast uploading of images and media to the website. One can also make various changes like text, captions and others to the content which makes this platform as one of the best media management tool.
- Agreement with the standards set by W3C: WordPress follows the standards set by the W3C. This means that your website will work in today’s browser, while it can also adapt to the browser of next generation.
- Easy Theme System: WordPress offers two default themes, however if you don’t find them preferable to use, there is a facility of a theme directory with thousands of themes for you to create your website.
- Extend with Plug-in: WordPress is feature packed for every user. Every feature has a plug-in directory with large number of plug-ins. You can add social media widgets, complex forums, galleries, spam protection and social networking for Search Engine Optimization
- Search Engine Optimized: WordPress is maximized for search engines. It is built around being discovered by the search engines. Right off the shelf, WordPress implements a number of search engine-optimized procedures and principles. In addition, there are a number of extensions and plug-in you can add on that will increase your SEO.
- Theme System: You can create WordPress themes for clients, customers, and for users to make WordPress website design. The WordPress API provides the extensibility to create simple or complex themes as per your requirement.
Managing contents: One can conveniently create drafts, schedule publication, and look at the post revisions with this tool. You can make your content public or private, and secure posts and pages with a password.
Adding a plethora of more features in this list WordPress can surely fascinate anyone to discover its creative diversities.